ITS OVER!!! you can not believe the sigh of relief i have right now. We had to take pax in really early for his surgery this morning at 6 am. They took him out of my arms at 8 am to start the surgery. At about 9 we got a check in saying they had made the incision, then about 2 hours later his surgery was done and the surgeon came out and talked to us. Everything went really well, the only unsettling news was his blockage was allot more then he expected, we thought he just had a little blockage but come to find out it was almost all the way blocked, scary, and pax's body compensated for it so all his other vessels were enlarged trying to pump more blood to his body, but the good news is now that the blockage is fixed his vessels and arteries will shrink back down over time. He just said you are very lucky we caught it so soon. We then had to wait about
45 min to got see pax in the recovery in the Cardiac ICU, and well that was a scary moment for everybody. His blood pressure was REALLY high and giving everybody a scare, and he was having a hard time breathing. I had to leave the room i was having a MAJOR anxiety attack.
but luckily after 3 different blood pressure meds, and oxygen his stats became stable. He wouldn't cry or take a deep breath so the surgeon felt like he was in allot of pain and compensating for it, so the did a nerve block on his side were they did the incision, and that helped A TON. once he got some rest, they were able to take him off the oxygen and take him off most of the blood pressure meds. I got to feed him a bottle around 8 pm and he LOVED it and cried for more, and continued to drink bottles through out the night. So by bed time he was doing MUCH better. We were told in the beginning he would stay 2 days in the CICU, but because he was doing so well so fast they told me we might get moved up to recovery tomorrow morning, and maybe leave by Thursday morning if he continues doing well. I'm so proud of my strong baby boy, he is being such a fighter and tolerating everything really well so far. I'm so thankful for everybody at Primary children's hospital they are amazing!!! I will post another update tomorrow if i can.
Pax before surgery in his cute little hospital gown.
My sweet boy in the CICU recovering. This is when he finally calmed down and started to sleep.


1 comment:
Tiff, I have been thinking about you. I am so glad everything went well and grateful for your wonderful doctors!!! We just booked a trip to Utah the end of this month and I would LOVE to see you. Your family will be in our prayers.
Post a Comment